- EUI Ph.D. researchers who have completed the 1st year of the doctoral programme and who have a clear outline and plan for their research (including researchers who have submitted their doctoral thesis and are preparing for their defence).
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
- The first prize winner will receive financial support to publish an open access article.
- The second and third prize winners will receive book vouchers of different values.
- Competition launch: February 2020
- Information meeting: 5 February 2020, 11:00 to 12:00 am, Emeroteca, Badia Fiesolana
- Presentations and ceremony award: 10 June 2020, 16:00 to 18:00 pm, Sala della Colonna, Badia Fiesolana
Note: Remember to check and clear the copyright of any third-party material (audio, video, images, text etc.) used in the slide. Participants will keep the intellectual property rights of their contribution.